Monday, February 23, 2009

shadaloo







Since I was a kid I have had an interest in fighting. I am not sure why. As now back then I was thin and I guess I needed an interest that would keep me athletic. Or maybe, not to be unPC, but maybe it was because I grew up hanging out with a pretty serious Asian. One of my best friends growing up was Viet. He was the best friend of my best friends older brother and since neither of us had brothers we would joke that we were. He was super into fighting and naturally I was interested to learn. Years have passed and we are still very good friends. We both went on to show interests in different styles but are always happy to get together to train. He is older than me and now has more time to train while I am still trying to keep up. He made a proposition to me a few months back. He loves standup and is quite a threat from his feet. Our other friend Jason is probably the most serious fighter I have ever met and trains like no other. The two of them were talking of opening a school together in Philadelphia when they can become qualified to do so. I have always been a ground guy, I wrestled in high school and have been taking every opportunity that comes my way to pick up and train jiu jitsu over the past few years. When I graduate and have money again I am moving back home and training at a school. Phil asked that when I am able to get a black belt that I train ground at his school. This has inspired me to now more than ever get in shape and train.

Additionally Phil and I, growing up together, have played some pretty serious arcade games. Recently Street Fighter IV came out and he and I have both been playing a lot of it. I have been joking that he adapt the enemies logo from the game (shadaloo) as his school and was inspired to create a stencil of the logo. I tried a few various studies of the logo and am going to send it his way to see if it can help to inspire him. This was more of a personal design of something I had been wanting to make for a while and finally found an excuse to do. I am quite happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment