Monday, March 23, 2009

sampler camera trip.











I documented a trip that I took to the park with my girlfriend. I have had this sampler camera for quite some time and it seemed like the perfect way to document for this book of explorations. The camera has no viewfinder therefore each image has a very energetic feel. The camera also has four lenses. When the button is pressed each lens opens in sequential order to capture four separate images onto a single exposure that span the period of a few seconds. In this way I was able to capture time within the images. Almost all of the pictures were taken on the ride there or in the parking lot, the park itself was wooded and the camera is only capable of taking photos in sunlight. The images themselves help to demonstrate the entire notion of the explorations. They don't allow you to control the end result, only the experiences themselves. Of a roll of 24 most of the time I can get a good dozen pictures that turn out neat. It follows the idea that you are capturing the beauty in what you are doing. You are unable to determine what the picture itself is, both because of the lack of a viewfinder and the passing of time, however, one is able to assume that if the experience itself is enjoyable that perhaps the images will be. This is the best bet in capturing nice images with a sampler camera. Certain images it is almost impossible to tell what the subject matter is, however because of the sampling of time a pattern is created and despite this uncertainty it is still visually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment