Monday, March 2, 2009

omerta



This is an image that I have been wanting to create for a while. It is actually, after a little editing, probably going to end up being a tattoo. These are the lyrics to the start of a song and additionally the "rule of honor". From an everyday standpoint I really agree with and appreciate what this statement is saying. More specifically the start of this statement can be applied to design in many ways. A more simple way of putting it in design speak is that rules, once known can be broken for a number of reasons. However, if these rules are strictly adhered to and followed without question the result is uninteresting and the designer has wasted his or her time creating the mundane. Rules are to be known and with respect to others there are many situations in which they are to be followed (more specifically the rules and guidelines laid out for assignments in an academic setting) but one shouldn't feel helpless or rely strictly on the rules when given freedom to design. Additionally, I just really like this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment